Finally I’m getting around to my One Lovely Blog Award post!
It was such a great surprise to receive a nomination a couple of weeks ago from Sol of A Crochet Journey, particularly as I’ve been a bit quiet on the blogging and social media front recently. So, thank you Sol, it was super lovely of you to think of my little blog.
Here’s what the One Lovely Blog Award is all about:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognises blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
• Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
• Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
• Nominate 10-15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
And, here are 7 things about me:
1. I love to crochet – a given really!
2. I used to be a Planning Officer, then I drew plans for a Log House Builder and now, in complete contrast – I’m a 1:1 Teaching Assistant.
3. I met The Mr just after my 17th birthday so have been with him for over half my life – the better half he says! He’s probably right.
4. On Wednesday last week we decided we’d think about getting our home of 13 years valued and look at moving.
5. On Friday last week we had a viewing on our house and were offered the asking price! So now we need to find a new home!
6. Missy and I are very similar – stubborn! This makes for intense “discussions”, which surprised me a lot as I thought I’d always have a lovely, harmonious relationship with my daughter. Who was I kidding?! We do have that, but we fight like cat and dog too!
7. I’ve decided to take a step back from the “commercial” side of my crochet and just make the things I want to make! Rather than the things I must make. I recently realised I was losing the enjoyment that I used to get from happily hooking away without time pressures. Also, taking into account number 5 above, I think life could get a bit busier around here!
Here’s a selection of blogs that I enjoy. None of them are especially new blogs and they are all far more established than mine, but I consider them to be particularly lovely and hope you do too.